Thursday, February 15, 2007

Flying To Brunei Tomorrow..........

It is that time of the year again - Chinese New Year... I'll be making my annual pilgrimage to Brunei tomorrow...

Feels so excited to be flying again, this time with Singapore Airlines (second time only) from Changi Airport. So far, I have only flown Royal Brunei Airlines, AirAsia and TigerAirways. However, the departure time is 09 05, how I hate the timing!!... Have to leave campus at 06 00 to take first 199 service, and hop on the horribly long train ride from Boon Lay to Changi Airport... What a long journey!!!

The plane I will be riding is a Boeing 777-200... Kinda surprise they are using such a big plane to fly to Brunei, a mere 1 hour and 50 minutes away... Nevertheless, at least I can look forward to riding the skies with this magnificient bird, with the presence of some in-flight entertainment, and that crucial extra inch of leg-space so precious to the economical passenger....

Anyway, almost finished packing... With some minor things to be packed prior to leaving tomorrow morning... I have no idea how I managed to stuff my luggage, so compact.... Glad that I will be flying from Changi Airport... Used to haul my luggage all the way across the causeway to Malaysia to board AirAsia at Johor Airport, fighting the crowds, clearing immigration, and bargaining with the taxi-driver and keeping a lookout on time... The mere thought dampens my mood for travel...

Wow... Almost midnight... Gotta pack my laptop and some lecture notes in my hand-carry luggage... I always bring my laptop whenever I go overseas... Time to sleep soon... Zzzz...

No comments: