Monday, February 26, 2007

Pre-CNY Recap

Boarding the plane so exciting... Basically we were late for boarding and the security personnels hushed us into the departure lounge... Was surprised that the lounge was empty, as all other passengers had boarded the plane... We did not walk the aerobridge to the plane, but instead had to wait for a mini-bus like vehicle to transport us to the plane, which was quite far away... Sad to say, all copies of newspaper had been distributed when I settled into my seat...

Took the 2 pictures below before I was reprimanded by the air stewardess for using electronic device when announcements were made to turn off all electronic devices....


View from my window seat


My personal source of in-flight entertainment

Arrived in Brunei on time... My sister picked me up from the airport, tour the capital Bandar Seri Begawan for the afternoon before we headed back home in Kuala Belait, which is almost 100 km away...


Roads in the capital, behind Hua Ho

The journey to Kuala belait

During the car journey, somewhere near Anduki area, I happen to catch a beautiful sunset along the highway to Kuala Belait.

Setting sun, gone in just under 10 mins

The next day was CNY eve... Managed to complete spring cleaning, and cleaned up the living room... Right after reunion dinner, the usually serene night became very happening... My neighbors at the front, back, left and right, were all simultaneously playing with firecrackers and fireworks, entertaining us with a free show and lighting up the dark night with all sorts of colors... It was deafening! We had to almost yell to each other in the house to communicate... This activity continues until way after midnight, peaking at exact 12 am... Subsequently, I also joined them in this fireworks madness....


My living room, ready for CNY


Fireworks display in the night

Some fireworks and firecrackers that I played with

Had not played fireworks for some time, it became quite unnerving to light them up... All domestic pets, cats and dogs will automatically be hiding during this time... The fireworks which is shaped like a plane actually flew into the sky much to my astonishment and delight... It almost flew right into the electricity cables beside the road, threatening a new year without lights... Thank goodness nothing out of the ordinary happened....

Will update my posts again soon...

No comments: