Monday, July 2, 2007

Back In the Island Republic


Finally I made it into Singapore just before midnight. I feel like dying, what an arduous journey! Really felt like I had a long unlucky day. Pardon for the blur picture on the left.

Hopped across the border from Brunei into Miri, Sarawak around noon. No queues. Shopped around Miri for a while and had a quick lunch before heading to Miri Airport. My luggage was overweight and luckily my mother found someone kind enough to share baggage allowance with me.


Brunei Border Control Post at Sungai Tujuh (border with Sarawak, Malaysia)


A typical Brunei Customs at Sungai Tujoh Control Post


Immigration Control Post, right after the Customs


Immigration Control at the Malaysian (Sarawak) border


ASEAN bridge, costs RM10 to pass through to go to Miri town

After I checked in and entered the departure lounge, an announcement was made that the flight to Johor Bahru would be delayed "due to technical problems". Some other flights were subsequently re-timed, but the flight to Johor Bahru was the worst. From 4pm it was re-timed to 7.15 pm.

My parents had already went off for a shopping spree in Miri town and thus I stayed at the airport for the next 3 and a half hours. Arrived at JB Airport after 9 pm. Jam at JB customs, so 170 bus frequency decreased. No wanting to fight for space with the crowds (as it was Sunday night there were so many returning commuters from JB) and trying not to incur midnight taxi surcharge, I walked across the causeway from Johor to Woodlands Checkpoint. Luckily it was a cool night.

Oh no, I am starting to miss Brunei! Haiz, I think I will work here to serve my bond and bank loan first, then probably when I have saved enough to buy a new car back home I'll return, lolx... I am slowly losing my Sagittarius traits, am I not?!

1 comment:

Brunei Share said...

I apologize in advance, let me post on your article on Brunei Darussalam, because your article is very attractive and fits with the content of my blog "Share everything about BRUNEI DARUSSALAM." Cause I love your Country, off course Thanks... http://virtual-bruneidarussalam.blogspot.com