Sunday, July 15, 2007

First Week into Attachment Period


Haven't been blogging actively since the last post was published. My IA had commenced since last Monday, and by the time I reached my room, I was extremely tired and it was rather late into the night and I had to wake up early the next morning.

Anyway, the working environment at WelchAllyn was rather pleasant. The company sponsored purchases for reference books and new stationery sets. The only grouses I have are the cold air conditioning and long commuting time from Boon Lay to Tanjong Pagar.

Service 199 really drive me up the wall. Its frequency was rather unpredictable and it rumbled along unhurriedly and happily get itself caught in morning traffic jam. Oh boy I sure am glad the jam had not reached a gridlocked state, but nonetheless it is not far from that level.

Thereafter, the incumbent driver, should I say, inflexible driver, will painstakingly take the longest route with plenty of junctions and traffic lights, giving us a tour of Jurong Point from all directions, when he/she can take a shortcut into the bus interchange. Moreover, there are no bus stops plying that route. Apart from wasting everyone's time and getting me late, I see no benefit of it taking this damn route!

I sure am glad I am gonna move out of hall soon. Boon Lay is really inaccessible in my opinion. Anyway my hall is chasing me out by end of next week, and rental rates has gone through the roof in most "prime" areas. Also, there seemed to be a shortage of rooms available for rent island-wide. I think I am gonna sleep under the MRT line soon if I still could not find any room to rent, haha.

Overspent this week. Had no choice but to splurge on my formal dressings, which I had seriously lacked. G2000 had 50% discount for all members, but sad to say I am not part of this group. Dressing down on Friday, and my Polo Ralph Lauren managed to pass off as a $200 authentic piece.

Been helping my uni friend with programming after work. I actually learned some new things this week, apart from C# and ASP.Net. I could still find time to exercise. Didn't know I could squeeze my time in this way.

Surprisingly none of my friends believe I would return to Brunei after few years, even after reading my previous post. Even got one friend come and challenge me that I won't be returning. Why huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i guess u wont be going back too...
faster find a make in singapore GF
or u prefer.....pork chop lol