Saturday, March 10, 2007

Driving Licence??

Based on my previous post, I still haven't progress much in my FYP... Taking a break by blogging here, and then resume my work...

I have decided to take up my driving licence in Brunei tentatively during the month of June. Can do with the extra hands-on practice back home and is also cheaper than taking in Singapore - $1k (private).

Most of my friends and classmates already possess driving licences, time for me to get one. It is very inconvenient to move around in Brunei without knowing how to drive. Also, this May and June holidays are one of the longest holidays I will ever have again, and I think it would be better if I try and get a driver's licence then before I commence employment.

Obtaining a driver's licence opens up new exploring possibilities. Yay!! I hope to be able to complete some of these after obtaining driving licence in the not-so-distant future:


  1. Visit Bangar Town of Temburong - The only district in Brunei I have never set foot on before. It is the eastern-most district separated from the Brunei mainland and is completely surrounded by the East Malaysian territory of Sarawak. The SAF Lakiun Camp is also located in this district. To drive to Bangar, one has to exit into Malaysia at Kuala Lurah, and then pass through Limbang town before reaching Temburong.



  2. Visit Tasek Merimbun in Tutong - Haven't really visited Tutong District. They do have really nice "panggang" in Tutong. Only read about this lake in Geography lessons, but haven't been there. Hopefully it is still as nice as described in my secondary texts. It is one of Brunei's largest lake with an island sitting right in the middle. Hmm... seems to provide a good place for a small escapade from the hustle-bustle of urban environment.

  3. Maybe will consider visiting Lawas or Labuan or even Bintulu after visiting the above mentioned places.

Quite some mini-adventure planned up there, but unfortunately I don't have any really close friends or travel buddies. Lost trust in friends years ago, and anyway most people I know always put up some kind of facade for show. It getting harder and harder for me to trust others. Thank goodness right now I do find solace in being solitary. Maybe I can hop my family along - additional stress as their safety is in my hands........

Although driving seems fun, it sure comes with responsibilities and stress... I do know of some friends who are part of the accident statistics... Hopefully I can become a responsible driver...

I guess I better go back to continue my fyp... It is getting late...

No comments: