Monday, August 27, 2007

Back In Lion City


Returned to the island republic yesterday afternoon via SilkAir SQ182. The picture was taken at Brunei Airport. There were strong turbulences throughout the journey. My friend went to Changi Airport to fetch me and then we went out for a while.

Things had been going awry since my return. Has it got anything to do with the Lunar Seventh Month? Walked into AMK Nature's Farm and my bag accidentally broke the handle of a maple syrup, thanks to the aunty and fat shop attendant blocking the way, and the shop attendant insisted me to pay, $13+ for something I don't need, with threats of calling in the security.

Nevertheless, I decided to opt out of the gym session, despite opposition from my friend, whether he really meant it or not. Anyway, I just don't feel as enthusiastic as before. Maybe his new-found buddy will be much better. As the problem dragged on, I became flustered. Out of the blue I was told the problem was solved tactfully, but I still find it a little weird. Let's see if this is the last time, and for the meantime, gym sessions are indefinitely postponed.

My mp3 headphone has its right side spoilt, much to my dismay. I accidentally step on it lightly in AMK library and didn't expect it to be so fragile. Intern workload is increasing, and I have yet to fill in the logbook.


Anyway in about 3 weeks' time I'll have to return to Brunei again to be officially sworn in as a Brunei citizen. I will then be taking an oath of allegiance, or 'sumpah', the last legal requirement as mandated under Brunei Nationality Act and I have to be wearing formal traditional Malay clothing.

My return trip this time round is to surrender my Entry Permit and Birth Certificate to the issuing departments, thereby renouncing my Brunei PR/Stateless status and also to sign some documents to acknowledge items surrendered. Finally the long wait is going to be over. Once the citizenship certificate presentation ceremony is held, I can cancel my Certificate of Identity, apply for my yellow IC (thus surrendering my pink PR IC), and apply for the new biometric passport, which looks just like the new Singapore passport. Then I'll no longer have travel restrictions.

No comments: