Saturday, August 11, 2007

Thoughts on a lazy Saturday afternoon


It's Saturday again! Returned from tuition session in the morning. Feeling a little lethargic from the exercise session yesterday. Nothing much to do over the weekend except filling up my attachment logbook.

Thursday, Aug 9 was Singapore's 42nd National Day. The event was celebrated at the waterfront at Marina Bay instead of the usual National Stadium and Padang. On this eventful day, I managed to recoup my long-overdue rest. I practically slept through most of the day.

Speaking of National Day, I remembered a few years back, I was at a mini NDP parade in Yishun area which was followed by fireworks. It was rather exciting then, as I had then aspired to be part of Singapore eventually, but such aspiration has all but waned. Such mini-parades were no longer held as well.

I'm not very sure whether I would still be here during the next NDP. Nevertheless, I have given this issue some due consideration. Honestly I find Singapore a rather pleasant city which I have grown fond of, but circumstances have slowly crushed my hope of staying in this vibrant city. Maybe everything is fated after all.


Flags neatly hanging from a Hougang flat for National Day

Hopefully I will not regret any decisions made in the future. A close friend of mine did persuade me to stay, and honestly I'm a little surprised and moved by the persuasion as it was rather out-of-the blue, considering we were nothing more than mere acquaintances before the previous semester. Probably I should heed the advice and not hastily conclude a decision.

However, I'll definitely attend the convocation ceremony next year. It's a little foolish not to attend after struggling so hard all these while. The onus now lies on when the Brunei government will bestow citizenship upon me.

Life can be divided into many stages. Recapping my 7 years of residence in Singapore, this island has provided me with satisfaction and opportunities to grow that I have never had before. I learned a lot during my stay here, and although throughout these years there were many happy and distasteful events, I felt that these were the most meaningful moments of my life.

Lastly, I would like to thank all those that were part of my life, be it those friends who treat me sincerely or those who betrayed or used me for their own good. Thank you for adding colors to my otherwise dull life. To my few contemporary close friends, thank you for all the supports and advices given. I will always cherish these memories for the rest of my lives. Thank you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... who is that close frnz? definately not me.. cos watever i said.. none of it go into ur consideration

sagiboy said...

.... We all know one la the close frnz. Got so jia lat mah? None of it go into my consideration loh... Lolx..

Anonymous said...

ya... is really so jialat lor... u shld do some self reflection...

sagiboy said...

Omg... Got go into consideration lah, just that the outcome is probably the same mah... Maybe I should rephrase the sentence, lol

Anonymous said...

hmm.... i think the close frenz oso definately not me. coz wat i say u oso nv consider b4... lolx

Example, IO

Anonymous said...

i think he got listen to ghost b4 leh.. a lot of times indeed..

but for me.. none... duno y oso.. cos me not convincing? or i look like i m gng to harm him? haha...

hao xing mei hao bao..

Anonymous said...

he always think ppl wan to harm him!!!

he got listen to me meh?
the IO thing, he nv leh. Even thou i know why he choose IA. Coz 10 AU mah.... So that he hav better chance to get 2nd upper lolx

Anonymous said...

mr yk, u should know who can trust and who cant!

Anonymous said...

mr yk, u should know who can trust and who cant!

Anonymous said...

got lar.. only mine he din.. tell him this & that.. none of it go into his ear.. maybe got lar.. one ear in, one ear out.. haiz.. tink i got a knife to stab ppl behind..

sagiboy said...

Wow... Replied in chit-chat on above the archives... Paiseh, testing new features..