Monday, April 9, 2007

Attachment Selection

I will soon be bidding goodbye to NTU as the current semester is my final semester in campus... However, I still have another semester left and will be fulfilling my internship then as I have completed all required academic modules...

I postponed my internship to the last semester as I wanted to complete my studies continuously... This is to prevent me from losing momentum, especially when some of the modules right after the original internship period are maths intensive modules related to the semester beforehand...

Anyway the companies list are out... Have to dig out all my diplomas and O-Level certificates to key in subjects/modules I have taken into the long-winded "Student Data Sheet".... Stumbled upon an entry that caught my attention, but ALAS!!!!


Ministry of Home Affairs (Non Bonded only.Singaporean only.)

Design and build an autonomous and intelligent robot that is able to process video and/or audio information and translate them into tasks (navigation, surveillance etc) described by predefined rules. Robot shall also be able to transmit/receive data via wireless means, e.g. IEEE 802.11a/b/g, 802.15.4. Over the course of this attachment, the student would be able to gain invaluable knowledge in the following areas: - Microcontrollers (Atmel AVR, PIC etc), - Hardware interfacing, - Programming, and - Sensors, e.g. light sensor, motion sensor, audio, video and more.

Students with experience in robot building are preferred.


Haiz... The offer is only for Singaporean students... I guess this requirement is reasonable given that it is the Ministry of Home Affairs... Looks FUN!!! Anyway if I'm Singaporean there is a chance that I might not be selected...

Wonder why they make open the system for only exact 7 days... No matter what have to come up with some choices by this Wednesday...

4 comments:

Miss Seet said...

CHoose NCS! hoho

sagiboy said...

Dun have NCS lo...

Anonymous said...

then what hav u choose?

sagiboy said...

I chose WelchAlly Int for interviewing organization, Renesas, Siemens, LTA etc... Hopefully can do firmware related stuffs