Saturday, November 3, 2007

Busy November - 我也很忙

My laptop had been languishing on my desk for most of this week. I had not gone online after office hours as I would just shower and sleep when I arrived home, usually rather late, dead tired.

Office workload has increased, and though it was interesting, it was mentally taxing as well. I regretted not putting my best of efforts in the projects during the earlier months, and now more arduous efforts are required. Work today was unproductive. There was a sudden meeting, my laptop had to had some applications re-installed as I had lost the password, worst of all, I'm down with a mild flu!!

I accompanied my colleague for dinner after work in Chinatown for her favorite vegetarian Hakka dish, 擂茶 (Lei cha). As a contemporary meat lover, the dish looked extremely repulsive. Look at the picture below and note its GREEN soup - the essence of different vegetables blended together!!



Thereafter I headed off to Marina Square for another outing which stretches into the young night.

My plan to further reduce my climbing weight has all but failed miserably. Throughout the past two weeks I had been eating and eating. I have eaten:

Ebi Don and Ice cream sherbet at Sushi Don with my colleagues

Japanese fried satay-like meal (don't remember the name!) at Icon Building

Malay Crispy Chicken Rice for lunch at Tanjong Pagar

Pizza and roast pork at a pot luck on Thursday

Teh, French Toast with butter and kaya at Marina Square

Dim Sums at Ding Tai Feng at Paragon, Orchard

Mushroom cheese prata and Kolo Mee at Upper Thomson Road

Pork ribs rice, satays, some grilled food and chicken soup at Makansutra, Esplanade

Of course, the famous EGG TARTS near my workplace!!!!

Oh my... The list is horribly long. Next week there's another outing session to eat at Chomp Chomp Serangoon!! In contrast, my exercise regime is all but a flop - too unmotivated! Haha... I'm going to have a "spare tyre" soon!

Recently managed to listen to all the songs from Jay Chow's latest album 《我很忙》 - Cowboy On the Run. Most of the songs were very nice and had a sad theme, and the lyrics were very meaningful indeed. Best of all, there was more clarity in the pronunciations. A few of the songs really made you feel heartbroken. I personally like the following songs:

蒲公英的约定
我不配
最长的电影
彩虹
阳光宅男

Days sure had become rather busy lately. I seemed to have an inexhaustible supply of work to complete,and time seems ever so eager to hurriedly move on. The lists are:
  • Complete my IA Final Report due in less than a month's time
  • Thoroughly test the office project for potential failure points, complete the Windows Services Components and write a documentation and user manual. If we were to complete this, we'd probably be able to move onto some medical equipments stuffs!
  • Complete my own private project to help me to keep track of some important matters
  • Read the 2 books: Short History of The World, Wolf of The Plains (borrowed from Joshua)
  • Complete the VCDs: Shooter, 300 (borrowed), Star Wars (borrowed), TVB Series - The Conquest (Early Warring States History)
  • Fill up my IA logbook with relevant entries
  • Crack my brains for presents for some close friends' birthdays this month, thereafter hunting for it
  • For goodness' sake, I should start to hunt for jobs and send out resumes and hunt for jobs
  • As much as possible, find some time to do some form of exercise

No comments: