Thursday, May 24, 2007

Notebook In Despair


I spent almost $100 yesterday morning... Wow, $60 went to my student pass extension for 6 months, and another $30 went to my Malaysian visa application. Argss, the stupid visa costs only $10, whereas the remaining become part of a so-called 'agent fee'... Worst of all, since my student pass is extended for 6 months, my visa duration is also only valid for 6 months, as opposed to 12 months!!! Being stateless really costs a bomb!

Went to my friend's house in YCK afterwards, and finally formatted my notebook, which is becoming unpredictably weird. It refused to boot into Windows these few days, and I am unable to turn on my wireless LAN.

After formatting, I was elated to be able to turn on my wireless LAN and connect to my friend's wireless network, something I had not been able to do for a long time. Then reality kicked in, my USB ports have been down-graded to USB1.1 ports. My notebook now becomes illiterate in Chinese, Japanese and Korean languages. I have to get the cd and install the languages again.

Most frustrating of all, I have no Microsoft Office. When I first bought the notebook, our well-reputed NTU was unable to provide microsoft office, unlike NgeeAnn Poly, where everything is packaged nicely to the students.

Anyway, at least I managed to upgrade some programs to professional editions, thanks to my friend's interesting warehouse of softwares, haha.... I really hate formatting my notebook, for now I have to painstakingly re-instate all previous programs..

No comments: