Thursday, May 10, 2007

Uni KTV Gathering


I met up with my uni classmates for a mini-gathering in City Hall this afternoon. We had lunch in Big Soup Spoon in Raffles City basement - the mushroom soup was superb! Thereafter we head over to K-Box in Marina Square for karaoke session - our main agenda for the day.

We sang mostly Mandarin pop songs... The atmosphere was rather fun, especially with KS and his "World Tour" characteristics... I regret that I have never heard quite a number of the songs played before, due to my limited knowledge on Mandarin songs... Worst of all, I cannot associated song titles to songs that I wanted... One last thing, PLEASE forgive me for this, if you all are reading this post, I almost laughed when some seemingly 'chim' characters are replaced with "la la la" or "na na na"... I didn't mean it...

Some pics for the event at KTV Karaoke session (in no particular order):

Group Photos (Left photo from left: H.S., Shan, GR, Me, Steven & K.S.)
Group Photo Guys Taken by Shan

Mini-Group Photo before H.S. arrived

Lo And Behold! The Heavenly Karaoke Kings of Mandarin Pop are singing

K.S. enjoying his "World Tour @ K-Box Marina Square"

Cheerleading by Steven and K.S. for Shan

Left: K.S. & H.S. having a duet; Right: A rather classic photo by H.S. - trying to avoid being on camera, haha


Me singing a song with my terrible voice

Omg!! What is Steven and K.S. up to in a corner?


Photo of H.S. and me

GR & Steven - Best Buddies/Pals

Me and Shan at Kenny Rogers - do we look like siblings?

H.S., G.R. & K.S. at Kenny Rogers

After the KTV session, we went to Kenny Rogers for dinner... Had a meal too full, which I swear I would have thrown up if I had attempted to eat anything more.... Went for a short pool game afterwards before heading home...

Anyway we are all going to part our ways after this semester... I am going for my internship and thereafter hope to continue working in the same organization. Steven is convocating soon and will be stepping into the working society, whereas H.S. is going for industrial orientation. The rest still have one semester of academic studies.

Very soon, all of us are gonna mix around with a new circle of friends, have vastly different goals and perspectives, working in different industry sectors and even have a change in character. Hopefully we won't turn out as strangers to each other down the path of life. Ahh, gotta miss the old times of 'talk-cock-sing-song' and crazy 'pia'-ing for assignments as well as "the gang" a bit....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

will still hav gathering ba...
I think is quite possible to hav mini gathering once in a month or two.
pls had someone to plan and organize it. lolx.
can u pls remove tat classic pic of mine... argss.

Anonymous said...

oh y so gays? lolx

sagiboy said...

no way, not gonna remove it... It's just so CLASSIC.

Anonymous said...

thanks huh