Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Brunei Day 15 - The Day The Egg Stood Up


I notice a strange phenomenon in my kitchen today. As I entered my kitchen, I saw an egg standing upright by itself at a kitchen counter. I thus tried playing with some other eggs, but none could stand upright. However, strangely, around 12 40 it suddenly fall down by itself without any visible external factors.

Went for driving lessons in the hot sunny afternoon - can get some tan. I am pleased to say my theory result is LULUS (pass). Today's lessons include stopping on a ramp, and then climbing over the hill, make a turn followed by 3 parkings. 2 reverse parkings and 1 front parking on a small lot. Finally I managed to align my car parallel to the demarcated lines, but my clutch control is still not very good.

At the end of the lesson, my instructor asked me to drive myself home. It's only my second day, but it was fun. The most funny thing was while making a U-turn at a roundabout I accidentally pressed brake too hard and cars were coming on all sides. I'm glad I made it home ALIVE!!! I really need to have more confidence in myself.

To date I have learned quite many stuffs. My driving test is booked on next Thursday afternoon. Tomorrow I will be learning 3-point turn, not sure about parallel parking though. Really express course indeed!! I still cannot do reverse parking on the small lot smoothly!

Since it's dumpling festival today, we went to the KB beach. It is a Chinese tradition to go to the beach on this special day. Saw a group of my secondary friends there, but I didn't went up to say 'hi'. By avoiding contact I saved them the trouble of trying to cook up some excuses on excluding me. It's not the first time by the way. Also I see no need to establish a strong rapport, since we are not very close. Anyway they are all rich kids, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Saw a sunset by the beach. I really don't know what is so beautiful or mesmerizing or romantic about sunsets. You get to see them every day in Brunei - while driving, by the beach etc. Here are some pictures taken for the day:


Playground before reaching the beach


Crowds at the beach during evening time


The glowing orange sun hanging precariously above the horizon


Gentle waves lapping at the shores


Locals playing in the waves and by the shoreline


A view back inland from the sandy beach


The setting sun at the horizon

1 comment:

Brunei Share said...

I apologize in advance, let me post on your article on Brunei Darussalam, because your article is very attractive and fits with the content of my blog "Share everything about BRUNEI DARUSSALAM." Cause I love your Country, off course Thanks... http://virtual-bruneidarussalam.blogspot.com