Thursday, June 28, 2007

Brunei Day 25 - Driving Test


Went for my driving test at KB Land Transport Department this afternoon. It sure was a very hot afternoon. There were only 3 of us taking the driving test, a girl from Sekolah Menengah Sayyidina Ali, a Negro from UK and me. All of the candidates are from my school - AsohRaya Driving School.

The parking went very smoothly. I did not hit any poles even in parallel parking. Neither did I roll down from the ramp after braking on it. If I did not see wrongly I scored rather well in this section. However, I made some mistakes while driving on the road, especially while using those small roundabouts.

Anyway, I'm glad I passed my driving test. My instructor was also relieved as I wasn't a easy-to-teach student, haha. I had spent a total of SGD460, including exam fees and processing fees. Rather expensive by local rates. Amazing, only spent a total of 14 hours learning to drive in just 2 weeks.

The officer later reviewed with me the mistakes I committed throughout the test. No reviews on my parkings. All my mistakes were at the mini-roundabouts. I marginally cut into the right lane when I am supposed to be on the left. Another mistake was not stopping for a stationary right side vehicle. The vehicle was not moving even though the lane is free.


Part of circuit in front of Bahagian Ujian Memandu - parallel parking lot


The ramp - where the car must stop and brake in the middle then climb over it using 1st gear

As usual, the civil efficiency of Brunei has deteriorated. My driving license will only be issued next Tuesday, and it is only a handwritten piece of paper. The rude counter lady at Jabatan Pengangkutan Darat refused to listen to my appeal and loudly insisted on Tuesday, nabehzz... Pay SGD10 for license still so slow! I think I have to leave my IC behind this time. Hopefully my dad can help in expediting the process.


View of another part of KB town from the old marketplace

Hopefully the next time I return to KB I still remember how to drive, lolx. Anyway, thanks to my friends who have been supporting me all along. I finally made it!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hi do you know if you are allowed personalised number plates in Brunei and if so, where would you get them from? Thanks

Unknown said...

Hi, can I get the driving school telp no.? And could you recommend me your driving teacher?
Thanks, Nengti

Brunei Share said...

I apologize in advance, let me post on your article on Brunei Darussalam, because your article is very attractive and fits with the content of my blog "Share everything about BRUNEI DARUSSALAM." Cause I love your Country, off course Thanks... http://virtual-bruneidarussalam.blogspot.com