Thursday, June 21, 2007

Brunei Day 17 - Smooth Journey


Had another driving lesson today. I have now completed a total of 8 hours of driving lessons. I had opted to book 4 more extra hours so as to practice some parkings and such, that'll be another SGD60.

So far driving on the road had been quite smooth today. The weather is sweltering hot today. I have to had my windows wind down as I need to stick my head out occasionally for alignment while making turns. My skin turned red at the end of the lesson.

Also, my instructor made me drive into Land Transport compound and then out into the those small roads with plenty of junctions and humps, all to drill into me that I should always practice clutch and brake, clutch and brake!!

I almost had an accident at the end of yesterday's lesson. I forgot to apply clutch and brake to slow down the car before turning into the road(sharp bend) leading to my home. I was in the second gear but the car was still rather fast as I had just geared down. The car swerved and almost hit the fire hydrant beside the road. Luckily nothing untoward happened.

Now I am feeling much more comfortable sitting in the driver's seat, and also with the Daihatsu Charade which I have been driving these few days. Been having much better control at the hilly ramp part, no more rolling backwards down the ramp. I had the least practice on this part. Hopefully I will pass my driving test next week.

No comments: