Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Brunei Day 9 - The Day Just Ended


Went to visit the dentist early this morning. I was supposed to visit the dentist yesterday morning, but it turned out to be a stormy morning, so my sister (the driver) decided to continue sleeping and as result I continued mine.

It was a smooth process during this visit. No missing files whatsoever. It only costs $3 for check-up and scaling. Citizens of Brunei have it free anyway. Passed by the gynecology section on the way out and it was so FULL of people. So many newly-borns and expecting mother!!

The morning was sunny and lacking a mode of transport, I walked home. KB town is rather small and breezy, thus it was a rather enjoyable walk. I could give myself a little tan and the breeze will keep me cool. Along the way, I took some pictures as my camera was in my bag.


Another view of the hospital, adjacent to the dentistry section


Road leading to KB town center - the tallest building in town looms in the background


The Jubilee Monument, beside Belait River, less than 5 min walk from my house


A larger view of the greenery in the park beside the monument

Went OGDC (Oil Gas Development Center) in Seria, my neighboring town with my secondary classmates to catch a movie, Blades of Glory for $6 on Sunday. Honestly speaking I did not know that there was a cinema there, albeit a small one - 75 seater. There were only less than 10 of us watching the movie at that time. It was hilarious, and we being the largest group, practically had the cinema to ourselves.

I will be taking my driving theory test tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully everything goes well. I am a little nervous as Section A - identifying road signs, requires the answers to be immaculate. A single mistake in this section will warrant a "Fail" stamp and no issuing of "L" license.

No comments: