Saturday, June 9, 2007

Brunei Day 6 - Another Post

Time flies! In just a blink of an eye I am back home for almost a week. Things had been rather slow this week, but I'm glad everything is going along smoothly.

I have managed to enroll myself in AsohRaya Driving School. I have no idea why there are suddenly so many people in Kuala Belait registering for a driving license. I had a hard time scouting for schools to accommodate my one month schedule.

Registered for driving theory test next Wednesday afternoon, and thereafter I can start my driving lessons. Hopefully everything goes well, as wrongly identifying a road sign will be given immediate failure. I opted for the test in Malay Language, a language I am rather familiar with. The total estimated cost is about SGD400+. A little expensive by local rates, but is still all right as their cars are brand new!

Haven't been doing much lately. Been watching Prison Break Season 2 and Heroes. Completely addicted to Heroes, haha.... Met a friend at Smart this afternoon. She was rather shocked to see me back in town. Time to contact some old friends...

Suddenly I found KB a little small... The only thing I like about here is the friendliness of the local populace. Strangers can just chat up without fearing any ulterior motives from the other party, and are more willing to lend a helping hand, as encountered a few times, unlike "cold" Singaporean society. Spaces abound, and everyone owns a house sitting on a piece of land and at least a car - these are just basic necessities!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mr wee, plan a gathering when u are back k...... working life is BORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sagiboy said...

.... Thought there is already a gathering being organized in the first week of July?

Anonymous said...

But i dun know ma............nobody inform me :(

Brunei Share said...

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
Hi there. I'd like your permission to repost 'About The Brunei Darussalam' article you have here on your blog, onto My BRUNEI SHARE BLOG to “share everthing about BRUNEI DARUSSALAM”. Thanks...http://virtual-bruneidarussalam.blogspot.com