Saturday, June 30, 2007

Brunei Day 27 - Goodbye My Beloved Nation


Tomorrow noon I'll be leaving Negara Brunei Darussalam for Singapore. It had been a rather pleasant stay here, with the exception of power cuts and my 56k dial-up. However I'm glad I'd achieved what I had wanted to achieve over here.

Actually I felt rather lazy to return to Singapore. Actually I'm not looking forward to this return. My luggage seemed heavy, but I guessed it's much better since it can now be wheeled. Boarding bus 170 at JB customs will be a problem, especially since my plane will land around evening time, which happened to be rush hour period as many commuters from Malaysia rushed into Singapore for work on Monday.

Not only that, I wondered if I can cope with the rising living costs in Singapore. I have everything that people work so hard for their entire lives here - big houses, private vehicles etc. Nevertheless I need to clear my DBS bank loan and serve my bond for 3 years. Hopefully I can save enough to buy a Daihatsu Telios 4WD - adding a 6th car to my garage. Seen some people in my town driving it, and it looks very appealing.

Worst of all, I will miss driving. Managed to get my license issued by today. Drove my dad's 20 year old Honda Saloon to town, and it was a disaster. I won't be touching this car anymore. Somehow I just can't control it as smooth as my mother's new car. Luckily there weren't any cars on the road.

I think I better go pack my computer now. Till then, sayonara, Brunei... Welcome back to Singapore...


My primary and secondary school, CHMS - haven't been back for ages

1 comment:

bathmate said...

This is wonderful posting. Thank you.


Bathmate